1. Welcome to the AM Podcast Network community! I know, I know, you are browsing, but we would love it if you checked out everything and see what we have to offer. Give us a shot and if you like what you see, come and register. Hang out with us and podcast on!
    Dismiss Notice

Vofd Episodic News

Discussion in 'Podcasting News' started by David Rasmussen, Jul 23, 2016.

1. David Rasmussen

Well I wasn't going to post my news in the news section but this hasn't been updated in... months so.... Well it's news so why not. News concerning The IDW Files, 20th Retro, Quantum Reads and Henshin Up Revolution.

News 7/23
    20th Retro #1 content
    Admittedly I was going to recap the first year of Star Wars 1977, #1-#12, but with San Diego Comic Con we will go over the 2017 DC Comics reveals and that means Wonder Woman and the Justice League tease... and yeah DC Comics movies of the here and now all draw from the 20th. I'll explain in the episode. Also yeah... awkward how they're going back to WW s origins but can't mention NAZIS... Uh... Yeah. Talk about that too. Picking out some comics to review now.

Henshin Up Revolution Ep 1
    My return, sort of, to Anime Manga reviewing. Yeah. You see about a decade ago I reviewed Anime and Manga alot? But I haven't done that in forever. This series returns to that but only covers the series I want to talk about... So we will start with a particular claw in my backside I want to get out of the way. Kare Kano aka His and Her Circumstances. That will start us off.

The IDW Files Ep3/Trek to the Future Ep23
    For clarification the content of both these episodes will be the same (Star Trek 2017, the Guidelines situation, Beyond, etc) and you don't need to listen to both.

Review material updates
    I am not going to do any major review updates until September when my budget us fixed for the new review year. So that means wrapping up the 2011 Star Trek reviews in Fall, for instance. Picking up Star Trek Waypoints, continuing Ghostbusters International and Back to the Future, reviewing Revolution etc

So that's the news of 6/23. More to come.

2. Adam

Building an Empire Admin Global Mod

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    Thanks for the news. There just isn't a lot of news to write about to be honest. I am sure I could find some gossip but that's not worth talking about :)

It sounds like you are going to be very busy and lots of content coming down the pipe. Are you working on this solo or with others? What you laid out it seems like it is a tall order, but it might be my lack of understanding as well. Either way, I will be following what you are doing.

3. David Rasmussen

Thank you. Well it is a bit of work but I somehow manage on my own. 23rd basically a solo Endeavour. Pick up and review the content, record the audio for reviews, assemble every episode and release. Sometimes I would like to just find a home podcast to contribute to but that hasn't happened yet so I make my own opportunities to talk about and review what I want on my own. It's a bit of work monthly but worth it to have the chance to do my own reviews and cover the topics I want to focus a light on.

4. David Rasmussen

News Update 8/1
    Well it's a new month so new batch of episodes. We should finally be doing one new different episode a week from this point forward, knock on wood. This month...

The IDW Files #4 - The starts of Ghostbusters 2011, 2013 and International looked at.
    20th Retro #1 - DC Comics upcoming movies and their ties to the 20th Century DC Comics... and changes made. We talk Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.
    TBA - Still between Quatum Reads or Henshin Up Revolution #1 this week.
    Midnight Theater #2 - Superman becomes a MAN, Godzilla continues to murder in the name of humanity, Spidey meets the Jester, more Star Trek Lost Enterprise and more.

5. David Rasmussen

News 8/2
    The IDW Files - Looks like Sony has a few things in the pot for future consideration. For instance actual plans to continue their attempts to universe build around Ghostbusters with an animated series slated for 2018 called tentatively Ghostbusters Ecto Force (basically Ghostbusters meets Barman Beyond set in 2050). Add to that the fact this new series will be helmed by Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman and this could have a good chance winning back the fandom irritated by Ghostbusters 2016. Something to keep an eye on in the Future. By the way here's the other things we will be reviewing... hmm... change a cast to cover episodic reviews? It's on my mind for consideration.

Ash vs Evil Dead Season 1
    Doctor Who Series 9

MLP Season 6
    EG Legend of the Everfree

Star Trek Discovery Season 1 (as long as Amazon's video section sells the episodes).
    MLP 2017 Movie
    Transformers The Last Knight

Ghostbusters Ecto Force Season 1

I'll think about it. Stay tuned.

6. David Rasmussen

8/3 Update
    Well I made the opening intro to this show of reviewing shows and stuff... now I just need a name for it and content for Episode 1 to start things off. Well accepting suggestions for a title for a show about reviewing TV and occasionally movies.

7. David Rasmussen

News Update 8/15
    Just released The IDW Files Ep 4 so this is what is going on podcast wise this week.

Henshin Up Revolution - Presently in the middle of Ep1. We look at Pony Season 6 Episode 1 The Crystaling Part 1, and Miraculous Season 1 Episode 1 to get things started. Presently 50% done.
    20th Retro - Also in the middle of Ep1. Talking about the present shape of the DC Cinematic Universe and its ties to the 20th Century of DC Comics past. Talking Superman, Barman and Wonder Woman. 50% done.
    Midnight Theater AM - Done. Just need to release it. Working presently on Ep 3.

Stay tuned for updates.

8. David Rasmussen

News Update 8/19
    Hensin Up Revolution - Episode 1 is done and I was going to cover Doctor Who Series 9 Episode 1 next time... but then Amazon Prime Pilot Season happened so next time The Tick (2016) Episode 1 Pilot... Because reasons. SPOILER - I kinda sorta liked it better than Miraculous BUT... Uh... how again is this a "Comedy" again? I liked it... Well ONE THING about it... but liking ONE THING about this (yes it's the new Tick) is not the same as having FUN with this... again comedy... Where? Don't see it here.

So Pony Season 6 Episode 2, the first 10 of Legend of Everfree and The Tick 2016 Episode 1... next time. Well maybe it won't lose to the random comedy... Or the Jean Claude Van Damne comedy and become a regular series... maybe.

9. David Rasmussen

Addendum on Henshin Up Revolution #2. Adding a comparison review of the 2001 The Tick Ep 1 and how the series shapes up between 2001 & 2016.

10. David Rasmussen

Podcast News 8/28
    So released 20th Retro Ep 1 today. As for progress on other series...

Henshin Up Revolution Ep 2 - 75% done
    News came out on Star Trek Discovery so talking about that here. As for new stuff I was going to do a versus between The Tick 2001 & The Tick 2016 Episode 1 but that's moved to Ep 3, same as my Doctor Who Series 9 Ep 1 review... So looking for something to wrap up the episode with. Should be done by next week.

Midnight Theater AM Ep 2 - Completed

The IDW Files Ep 5 - 40% done
    The episode is coming together alright. By next update next week I hope to have this done or nearly done. Stay tuned.

20th Retro Ep 2 - Planning
    Into the Speculator Age of the 90's and Valiant Comics first age.

Henshin Up Revolution Ep 3 - Planning
    The Tick 2001 vs 2016 Ep 1, Doctor Who Series 9 Ep 1 review, Star Trek Discovery update and more.

Midnight Theater AM Ep 3 - ??%
    Have to check on my progress tomorrow. Presently a work in progress.

Updates next week. Stay tuned.