1. Welcome to the AM Podcast Network community! I know, I know, you are browsing, but we would love it if you checked out everything and see what we have to offer. Give us a shot and if you like what you see, come and register. Hang out with us and podcast on!
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Podcast Website Sidebar Widget

Discussion in 'General Podcast Discussion' started by Adam, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Adam

Building an Empire Admin Global Mod

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    So you may or may not have seen the #sidebar widget that is on the episode's sidebar for the shows on the network. Here is the latest from Luke so you can see what I am talking about. I created that in order to combine the 3 most important features into one widget. Why not a full plugin? Well this is because networks don't just have one show and the widgets needs to be flexible so each use can be configured differently on a per sidebar basis.

Alright, so that's cool, but where can you get it? You can't! Not yet at least. I wanted to use it for a couple months and see how it works out. So far the beta has been great with minor things that could be implemented to do a better job. I had to decide to either sell it on Codecanyon or give it away. Frankly, I buy a lot of things from #Codecanyon, but I know podcasters would rather spend money on equipment.

So I have decided to give all my #plugins that I personally develop away. I add a small link attribution and a donate button that doesn't show on the front side. The attribution will but you can disable it. You can use for free entirely. You don't have to donate or show a link attribution if you don't want to. I want to give these a way in order to help more people. I also want to improve these and put them into the Wordpress directory.

On the next release I will add it in. The changes that are currently being worked on is the ability to changes easily, use svg files that are so small they don't add noticeable load time, and an option to not use the Patreon image or black bar if you choose not to. Flexibility is the key and I will continue to find ways to improve this along the way by taking feedback.

Lastly, the next plugin I am coding at the moment is the ability to change logos easier. I like the change the logo here for holidays, but there really isn't anything like that out there that I could use. There will be more, and I will give them away unless for some reason it costs a lot to develop and I want to recoup some of the investment. Sometimes attribution isn't enough.