1. Welcome to the AM Podcast Network community! I know, I know, you are browsing, but we would love it if you checked out everything and see what we have to offer. Give us a shot and if you like what you see, come and register. Hang out with us and podcast on!
    Dismiss Notice

Website To-Do List for the Network

Discussion in 'Network Announcements' started by Adam, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam

Building an Empire Admin Global Mod

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    I was going to post this in the private part of the forum for just the network shows, but I feel it's important enough to post to all. This year has been a huge year to say the absolute least. While we don't have a huge membership yet, it's growing. That growth means scaling and changing the way I do things/we do things.

• Auto-notification of posted episode from website, then Soundcloud (suggested by Chance).
    • Streamlining the process of preparing audio/blog posts and scheduling them for the audience.
    • Schedule much more strictly and accurate so our listenership knows exactly when the release is, no excuses.
    • Moving all hosted episodes to Amazon S3 for high reliability and availability.
    • Setting up Patreons for network shows and overhaul all sidebars.
    • Creating and implementing directory rss feed pull & play on AMPN.
    • Setting up second server to host all AMPN hosted websites.
    • Then build all of those sites.
    • Building the store out to start bringing in some revenue.
    • Finding ways to bring the podcasters together on a more consistent basis. I am feeling a bit disconnected from the shows.
    • Integrating Blab. Chance & Nabe have done a great job at this so far.
    • [waiting for more suggestions]
    That's currently my to-do list. Some are easy, while some are going to take more effort. This will be a living post that I will update as things progress.

2. Anthony Gossett

Still working on how to view downloads of shows on the Network?

3. Adam

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    Yes, which is why I am working on bring everything over from our server to Amazon S3 this weekend. That shift will allow me to finally be in a position to develop actual analytics for each show. From a tech perspective, it's a huge feat. I am not excited about the price tag and grind, but I am amped to have the final end result.

4. Adam

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    Today I am moving all the past show episodes to Amazon S3. I have a ways to go before I can train Kim on how to upload to it and find someone to connect analytics to the files. This shit is deep nerd stuff. I will call it the nerd abyss. I am scared and happy at the same time. I have xanax just in case it gets really bad.

I will clean out the Google Drive as well and I am bringing "Agree to Disagree" on the network this week. Artwork is almost done. So we have sport shows now :)

I will also finish putting the items in the store today as well. I didn't realize I was this far behind, but I am diving in full speed on getting back to good again. You all have been amazingly forgiving this year.

5. Adam

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    Locking thread, but keeping it as a record of the discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.