1. Welcome to the AM Podcast Network community! I know, I know, you are browsing, but we would love it if you checked out everything and see what we have to offer. Give us a shot and if you like what you see, come and register. Hang out with us and podcast on!
    Dismiss Notice

Issue Sign-up Error

Discussion in 'Total Support Widget' started by SophiaRavenna, Nov 7, 2016.

1. SophiaRavenna

Hi Adam!

I'm hoping you can help me out. The Total Support widget is currently responding with "An error occurred!" whenever anyone tries to use it to sign up to my MailChimp list. I've run all of my WordPress updates and it's still happening. Please advise!

Thanks!
    -Sophia Ravenna

2. Adam

Building an Empire Admin Global Mod

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    Hi @SophiaRavenna and sorry for the late reply. I have MailChimp on my mothers WordPress so I have used it. I tried on her install with another email. I got an error for that as well. I need to dig into what changed with Mailchimp since a month ago. I appreciate you bringing it here and letting me know. I will find a fix and an update shortly.

3. Adam

Building an Empire Admin Global Mod

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    Okay quick update even though I should have just done this in the first place. I couldn't get it working, so I needed to check the Mailchimp list ID and API. I logged into MailChimp and went to account>extras>API and copied the API key that I had setup before and copy and pasted it into the widget in the WordPress admin.

I refreshed the page and it worked. Check your API and copy and paste it to see if that gets it to work. Please let me know if all is good afterwards so I can make sure the widget is good to go. Thanks for trying the plugin out as well!