1. Welcome to the AM Podcast Network community! I know, I know, you are browsing, but we would love it if you checked out everything and see what we have to offer. Give us a shot and if you like what you see, come and register. Hang out with us and podcast on!
    Dismiss Notice

Planning To Launch A Podcast About Failed Startup Founders, Anyone Interested In Hosting It?

Discussion in 'General Podcast Discussion' started by Rich Clominson, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Rich Clominson

Hey! It's Rich, maker of Failory, a content site for entrepreneurs.

Thousands of Failory users have requested me to create a podcast of interviews with failed startup founders. I've been thinking about this idea for the last three months and believe it is a great growth strategy that will allow me to bring many new customers and some new money from sponsorships.

I've thought about interviews with entrepreneurs who had a failed startup but now run a successful one, so that they can explain what they learned from the failed one, which mistakes did they commit, and why the one they now run is successful.

The problem is my English. I'm not a native English speaker and while I can speak and interact with people, I'm scared podcasts would turn to be quite boring and that I would have to spend a lot of time editing. Many people have encouraged me to try it, but I decided that I need to hire or set up a contract with someone to host it.

Is there anyone interested on this? Let me know in the comments!

2. Adam

Building an Empire Admin Global Mod

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    This is very interesting, to say the least. It might be the first time I actually see someone want to get a host for their idea. I have had several failed startups in my life and some successful ones. I like this idea, although I doubt I would go on record about any of them.

My question is what would a host of this show get out of just hosting and not just taking this idea and making their own podcast? What is it that stops you from doing it in your native language and releasing it like that?

I would love to hear how this goes and what comes of it if anything. I love the topic and think it's a great idea!

3. Rich Clominson

Hey Adam! Thanks a lot for your comment and for your great questions.

The reason why someone would join me to record the podcast are the following ones:
    • Failory already has an audience interested in failed startups. 20,000 users visit the site every month.
    • I would be in charge of getting the interviewees, editing, publishing and promoting, so the podcaster would only have to spend one hour to record the interview.
    • A lot of exposure for only recording a one hour call.
    I need to record it on English as Failory's audience is 90% from English-speaking countries.

Cheers!

4. Adam

Building an Empire Admin Global Mod

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    You have a built-in audience then and that is great! If the work is split up like that then it makes sense. With this additional info, I think you have a better shot at picking someone up. I think it's a great concept and I really hope this gets off the ground!

5. Hubhopper

Listen to Podcasts & Stories and Latest News

Hi Rich, Great to get connected. Please find Nishant's number below who is part of our team. Kindly get in touch and we can help you in hosting your podcast.
    Mob: +91 96504 06993

6. Justin Jackson

Did you move forward with this idea Rich?

BTW - love the idea behind your Entrepreneurial Lists page. Would love to have Transistor.fm featured there.

7. Rich Clominson

Hey Justin! Just saw this - I'm currently working on the idea and planning to launch it really soon.

Thanks for your words on Entrepreneurial Lists. I actually think that page sucks ;) (I'm working on re-building it from scratch), but would be happy to include Transistor.fm. I've checked your tool hundreds of times and really like it. Is there any specific list you would like me to add it?

Tags: