1. Welcome to the AM Podcast Network community! I know, I know, you are browsing, but we would love it if you checked out everything and see what we have to offer. Give us a shot and if you like what you see, come and register. Hang out with us and podcast on!
    Dismiss Notice

Website Just A Few Changes For 2017

Discussion in 'Network Announcements' started by Adam, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Adam

Building an Empire Admin Global Mod

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    Hello everyone! I am now living in the Philippines and taking another look at everything now that we are in 2017. I have nothing groundbreaking to announce. Just a few things I plan on doing this year. So here is the list:
    • Articles will be removed from the site. I am going to put them on my blog where they will live a better life. The article plugin here has been discontinued and I don't want to just leave them sitting around. This is a 1st week of March move. We are redoing the images at the moment.
    • The main website will be taken down and replaced with a custom system to allow people to host their audio and share it. This is a project that is nearing 1 year long so far. It's just about to be ready once we nail the stats module. So no more WordPress. We built this on new technology and I am excited for my first non-PHP/MySQL website. This is probably still projected for summer time. I don't plan on taking shows on this year. Instead I will focus on improving the platform.
    • The forum is staying. I am going to make several improvements and strip out old content that is out of date. The forum will stay even if I removed everything. I think it serves a strong purpose but we can do better.
    • It's going to be a quiet year. I am not really updating social media, building traffic or anything like that. I am focused more on my blog and building Ted's Marijuana Forum. Frankly, podcasting at this level is hobbyist and those doing big things are elsewhere. That is not a demeaning statement, but one that I have seen to be true. I hope to do more here in the near future as time allows.
    Thank you to all who continue to support, visit, and want to see this community grow. Everyone is welcome here and if you have ideas you would like me to consider building into the community please feel free to share. Email me at adam.mulholland@gmail.com. I won't kill this off at all costs. I love podcasting and I am going to pick up where I left off a couple years ago too.

2. Daniel

Well-Known Member Featured

How are you liking the Philippines?

I have a couple things to run by you that I think you might like.

3. Adam

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    It's been very busy getting the visa and other stuff done. It will still be a while before we get all of our stuff, but otherwise things have been good. I just have to learn to lean back and not go so quick. How is everything on your side? I am here anytime you want to run anything by me.

4. Adam

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    Just a quick update. I am setting up my computers and network in the house this weekend and I plan on replacing the front of the site this week. It will be a static HTML page until the hosting platform is ready. This means that all podcasts will be removed for now. I am hoping it won't be too long before the alpha is done.