1. Welcome to the AM Podcast Network community! I know, I know, you are browsing, but we would love it if you checked out everything and see what we have to offer. Give us a shot and if you like what you see, come and register. Hang out with us and podcast on!
    Dismiss Notice

How Important is SoundCloud for AMPN?

Discussion in 'General Podcast Discussion' started by Adam, Feb 5, 2016.

?

Do we keep SoundCloud?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. Adam

Building an Empire Admin Global Mod

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    I want to get a feel of the audience about SoundCloud. I have been a premium member for 3 years now and It's up for renewal in a couple months. At this point I don't intend to continue our membership there, but I want to hear from the audience and the shows. I am going to give you my pro's and con's and then I would like to hear from you.

Pro's
    • Easy embeds with multiple layouts
    • Great backup source in case something happens to our primary distro
    • It's another social platform AMPN can be found on
    • It's a great additional benefit for being a part of the network.
    • It's very easy to add audio
    Con's
    • It's another $135/yr
    • Worried about the future of it's existence
    • We do not get a lot of listens from it
    • Extra work for a duplicate effort
    • No flexibility with artwork
    • Hard to promote within the platform
    • No team members, just 1 person with a login
    This is a hard choice to make right now. I am going through everything to see if we can find what is working and dropping what is not working. I would love to hear some thoughts about it all from the community.

2. Hope Pastures

Did you change from SoundCloud? I have had a struggle trying to find somewhere to host our small podcasts and was recommended SoundCloud as at the moment we just needed something free and easy to use being a charity.

3. Adam

Building an Empire Admin Global Mod

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    I decided to change. I wasn't getting what I wanted out of Soundcloud and because I had to upload everything by hand it was becoming a chore. The $135/yr isn't bad considering what you are getting. I decided to solely use Amazon S3 over the past year and it's been great. I pay maybe $1-2 per month and it's not terrible.

In a month or so I will be presenting our hosting here that will be in beta. We are currently working on it and hoping to show it off sooner than later. Maybe it's something I can help you with once we get closer in the coming weeks.