1. Welcome to the AM Podcast Network community! I know, I know, you are browsing, but we would love it if you checked out everything and see what we have to offer. Give us a shot and if you like what you see, come and register. Hang out with us and podcast on!
    Dismiss Notice

Website Home Page Redesign

Discussion in 'Network Announcements' started by Adam, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Adam

Building an Empire Admin Global Mod

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    Hello to everyone!

I am going to be doing a redesign of the homepage this week and would love some feedback. As I change things around and take a look at ways to improve the UI for everyone, I want to make sure I can truly improve the flow. Less clicks equal less friction.

I will start playing with it on Friday so there is plenty of time to let me know your thoughts. I will add that I am doing this because I am trimming down the shows that will be on the front page. We are going to be at 6-7 shows total and I would like to give opportunity to the directory and community to shine a bit there as well.

Adam

2. Daniel

Well-Known Member Featured

1. A page that displays every network shows rather than recent episodes from a couple categories
    2. Cleaner URLs for the shows. When I tell people how to get to my show, I have to give click by click directions to the page rather than being able to give a memorable URL

3. Adam

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    I will try to get this done as best as I can. The URL thing is a very different thing though. If I reset the URLs it could take months before we would recover our positions in Google organic search. I will see what I can do though. I want to stay away from every show on the front page, remember we are almost cut in half which makes a big difference. I haven't decided how I will go with it, but I want to give people a glimpse of our entire portfolio. I don't want it to be endless scrolling of episodes though.

4. Daniel

Instead of changing All the URLs, what about getting pretty links lite and create new URLs that redirect to the current ones?

5. Adam

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
  6. Daniel

Ah, gotcha.

7. Adam

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    I know what you are saying though. There has to be a way we can make a change that meets in the middle without having to change everything. I will see how I can give you an easier way to share. I will see what is out there that could help us be better.

8. Adam

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    This is still in the works everyone. It will take a lot longer though. I have something bigger in mind, but it will affect everything. I still would love your inputs though so don't hold back.

9. Daniel

Oh not a problem. :)

10. Adam

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    I will need to figure out how to change the old links to their new links when we go to beta. That might be a hiccup that I hope we can tackle.