1. Welcome to the AM Podcast Network community! I know, I know, you are browsing, but we would love it if you checked out everything and see what we have to offer. Give us a shot and if you like what you see, come and register. Hang out with us and podcast on!
    Dismiss Notice

Clean Slate on SoundCloud and the Site

Discussion in 'Feedback & Comments' started by Adam, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Adam

Building an Empire Admin Global Mod

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    This isn't an announcement or anything. I just wanted to leave a comment that the first part of the transition is done. We said thank you and our goodbyes to a lot of the shows from 2015 about 1-2 months ago. I finally got around to removing all the shows from the SoundCloud profile and deleting the sidebar sections on the site. I have finally cleaned house.

I could have left it all there, but it didn't feel right. They have moved on and I think it's best to close the remaining ends. It will give them less reach because of the age of the uploads, but I know they will do even more on their own. I wished them all luck and nothing but success.

Moving forward it will only be Vince, Daniel, Luke and myself for podcast shows. I won't take anymore shows on this year as I transition the site and myself into 2017. I have a lot to do this year and i want to stay focused.

Next year I will bring a lot of change to the site and i need time to recode the site into something amazing. That will take the next 6-14 months to do. I am also retiring from the military during this time and I need a chance to put down some roots and get on my feet. The AMPN, AdamMulholland.com and a couple other sites are now under the Adding Social, LLC company I have built last week.

Anyways, thanks everyone! The directory will be the first major overhaul and I have some free podcast plugins I am working on too. So there is my comments for the day! ~ Adam

2. Adam

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    I have decided not to move forward with SoundCloud anymore. The benefits are too few at the moment and much of the features I had enjoyed on the platform will be implemented here in the near future. There is plenty to do and I want to trim off work that doesn't add significant value. If anyone feels this is a bad choice please feel free to let me know and state your case.

3. Guinness Ian

Hey Adam! ....just checkin' in. It's been a long time, and thought I would pop in and say howdy now that I'm in one place again for awhile. The site looks FANTASTIC! - I think you've had about 3 different logos over the past couple of years? Ha ha ha .....you're always moving and full of great ideas! - I haven't read through every post yet, but what's in store for the future of AMPN over the next few months?

4. Adam

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    Great to hear from you again!Thanks about the site. I have had 2 logos since the start and 1 color change. I tried the purple and orange for a couple months but came to the decision to go this way. I don't have any further intentions on changing the brand going forward.

The community will stay the same for the most part. It's the rest of the site that is about to be completely changed over. That will still take a bit longer until I can release the beta of the new platform. I am excited though because this will be a game changer and I hope people will agree. I haven't been writing as much as I used to, but I have a lot of things I am in the middle of. I built another community that is growing, rebuilding this, and been blogging as much as possible.

I will be retired from the Air Force in just a few months from now and I will be doing this all full time. Today is actually my 20-years in the USAF. So I need to finish all the loose ends and get ready for the next move to the Philippines and start fresh.

5. Guinness Ian

Well, all the changes look great, and the logo. I can't wait to see what you do next!

I've more or less abandoned Google+, but will head over to Medium and see if I can track down your writing. If you've moved on to another platform, please let me know.

6. Guinness Ian

By the way, just tried to post a comment over on adammulholland.com and received multiple errors. Dialogue box showed: "Comment was not accepted", then got this at the bottom of the page:

Fatal error
    : Uncaught exception 'JSMin_UnterminatedRegExpException' with message 'JSMin: Unterminated RegExp at byte 636: /if}} ' in /home/awmul23/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-rocket/min/lib/JSMin.php:254 Stack trace: #0 /home/awmul23/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-rocket/min/lib/JSMin.php(145): JSMin->action(1) #1 /home/awmul23/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-rocket/min/lib/JSMin.php(84): JSMin->min() #2 /home/awmul23/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-rocket/inc/front/minify.php(230): JSMin::minify('\n\n <div id="...') #3 [internal function]: rocket_minify_inline_js('\n\n <div id="...') #4 /home/awmul23/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-rocket/min/lib/Minify/HTML.php(243): call_user_func('rocket_minify_i...', '\n\n <div id="...') #5 [internal function]: Minify_HTML->_removeScriptCB(Array) #6 /home/awmul23/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-rocket/min/lib/Minify/HTML.php(105): preg_replace_callback('/(\\s*)<script(\\...', Array, '<!DOCTYPE html>...') #7 /home/awmul23/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-roc in /home/awmul23/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-rocket/min/lib/JSMin.php on line 254

7. Adam

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    Thanks for letting me know. I know what is wrong and will get it fixed. I must have a conflict in plugins.

Edit: I believe the issue is solved but I am also trying out a couple new plugins to see if I can make the commenting experience better for everyone.

#7 Adam, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  8. Adam

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    I am still on Medium. I like the platform still. My goal is to write 80% on my blog, 10% guest blog, and 10% social. You do what you can, but I appreciate the compliments. I have been working as hard as I can to re-invent the platform and built my company.

9. Guinness Ian

I found you again on Medium. I'll stop by and say hello there as soon as I can. I think the direction Medium has headed in is an interesting one. It appears to be morphing into a Wordpress-ish content platform, with The Ringer and a few other businesses running their primary site on Medium. I understand the ease of use and attractiveness of a built-in audience, but I am dubious that this option could be a long-term play for any growing business...great for a strapped startup though.

10. Guinness Ian

Hmmm... For some reason the word AM is capitalized in my comment above ("...am dubious..."), but wasn't in the original. I can't seem to correct it in edit. Is this an intentional coding trick you use to emphasize your initials everywhere? ...if so, it's brilliant!!

11. Adam

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    It's intentional in a way because I automated the change in acronyms. I am always looking for ways to improve things :)

As for Medium, I haven't written there in a while, but I still love it. I agree with all of your points on it too and that's what they want. The want the Twitter that is better than Facebook, and they want the WordPress that is perfect to compliment Twitter. These moves are interesting, but at the end of the day I never build my brand and assets on a third-party platform. If we have an agreement or something then that's fine. I don't trust these huge companies that much to solely move all of my stuff to them.

I still want to write there and have a presence though. They let you download all your info like Twitter does too so it's not a major deal. I just need some kind of brand separation. I haven't seen a lot of their transition so I will have a peek to see what is going on over there.