1. Welcome to the AM Podcast Network community! I know, I know, you are browsing, but we would love it if you checked out everything and see what we have to offer. Give us a shot and if you like what you see, come and register. Hang out with us and podcast on!
    Dismiss Notice

Website 2016 Roadmap & Changes

Discussion in 'Network Announcements' started by Adam, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Adam

Building an Empire Admin Global Mod

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    So I started the year off with a massive shake up. I saw the numbers, reviewed the shows and the experiences I had with everything in 2015. I was hustling to build this site bigger and better. It took about 2 months to really get my head straight to be able to write this roadmap.

About 70% of the 2015 shows are either defunct, moved on, or some other state. The problems I noticed was I was hosting content and posting people's episodes and not really seeing anything from it. They were getting all the benefits while I was doing the lifting. By this I mean their listeners where on their website, their social media, and no where to be seen here. So if I can't get traffic I have to look at other ways to make this deal effective for all parties.

Hang on, I will get to the roadmap shortly. I need to add context first. I needed most of the shows to head on to newer pastures. I still have plenty of love for them, but I realized looking at numbers that they didn't need me, I needed them. That's not a great position to be in. I spent a lot of time chasing them for content, most shows never even bothered to read the forum where I post information for them. That was probably the salt in the wound. I had to face the facts that most people want to record and post. Those are Libsyn users and not the ones that should be on a network. After all, I can't be more excited about their show than them...

Here is the major change, and it's personal. Today I received my retirement orders from the U.S. Air Force to be relieved from Active Duty on Jan 31, 2016. My last day in uniform is October 23, 2016. That is a massive change. Up to this point I have been working, managing 3 sites, and running the start of my company. I will finally have the time and the staff to do what I want to do. So what is that?

• We are going to overhaul the entire website starting at the end of 2016.
    • We will start podcast hosting with analytics for $5/month and promotion included.
    • This forum will be integrated into the site, no more multiple accounts, just a single login.
    • The directory will be completely redesigned with playable audio while you surf the whole site.
    • There will be lots of help and editorial articles.
    • There will be give-aways and more.
    • I will begin automating much of what is done by me.
    • Front-end submissions, user account panels, and more in one location.
    • A logo redesign and color shift.
    • A more robust presence on social.
    • A full store that podcasters can buy design, marketing, and more.
    I am making an illustration of the road map in Coggle that I will share for those of you like me that are visual learners. So why now? Why does this change everything? Well I am moving to the Philippines with my family and I will be hiring a staff and officially starting my LLC company. With a staff I can do so much more. I am not tied to fixing everything myself. To this point I have gotten here on my own efforts and finances. I am proud of that.

My absolute goal is to work on this new platform in the local environments and start 2017 with a new network platform. Not just wordpress and xenforo hacked together like I have now. I am excited for this, but we have a massive change ahead as we move from Korea to the Philippines. Finding a place, getting internet, building my team. My team now consists of Raul, Slavcho, and Nicole. There will be 7 more people/skills that I will add between now and 2017.

I should also admit that my timeline may not be realistic. I will not under any circumstances rollout a platform that is not ready. In the meantime I will continue to tweak what we currently have so I can create the requirements for the coders once we begin building.

2. Adam

Building an Empire Admin Global Mod

Twitter:
    Follow on Twitter!
    I wanted to update this post since it's been a while and I think it's good to know that things aren't just hanging out. Almost all of the shows that I could find are not recording anymore which is a shame. The new platform is coming along nicely. I am hoping for a 4th quarter beta. Here is the list that changed or is still good:
    • We are going to overhaul the entire website starting at the end of 2016. [check, started in June 2016]
    • We will start podcast hosting with analytics for $5/month and promotion included. [amount is $5-$15/month depending on usage and storage. Will calculate it as we get closer]
    • This forum will be integrated into the site, no more multiple accounts, just a single login. [Still a go]
    • The directory will be completely redesigned with playable audio while you surf the whole site. [Half way there]
    • There will be lots of help and editorial articles. [I have written 30+ with more to come]
    • There will be give-aways and more. [Not promising this one. Let's see how things go first]
    • I will begin automating much of what is done by me. [Hell yeah. Automating like 97%]
    • Front-end submissions, user account panels, and more in one location. [On target]
    • A logo redesign and color shift. [Done]
    • A more robust presence on social. [Kinda. I am a bit busy to be social at the moment]
    • A full store that podcasters can buy design, marketing, and more. [Maybe. This is more likely to be a 2017, but my store is running if you need these things. Design Services & Online Marketing Shop | Adam Mulholland ]
    So not bad. Just a few changes and we started building the new digs 6 months early which makes me very happy. A lot of things also depend on costs, memberships, and so on.